- Cream blushes – they are more water resistant and will last longer in the heat. If you are on a budget, try out NYX! NYX has a great selection of cream blushes that are pigmented.
- Cream eyeshadows – the same goes for eyeshadows as does for blushes (water/heat resistant). Use a cream shadow for a base or wear it as is. I really like Make Up For Ever because they last long & are really pigmented! Benefit has really great ones as well!
- Waterproof mascara – don’t get raccoon eyes on your vaca.
- Long-wear foundation/powder – I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear because it will last in the heat & is water resistant for the most part. It is the perfect foundation for the summer and tropical areas! I wear it with MAC Studio Fix Powder because it sets it perfectly.
- Sunscreen in your moisturizer – protect your skin from harmful rays because it could create sun spots on your face as you get older and darken any pigmentation you already have. I aim for at least 30 SPF.
- Makeup remover wipes – the sun and drinking all day can tire you out, and you could become lazy in taking off your makeup!
- Bronzer – in case your makeup is too light for your new tan.
- Any hair serum or oil – to help control any frizz you get in tropical weather. This will be preference based. I use Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum to control my waves after a long day in the sun; you barely need a dime amount of this at the ends of your hair. I also tried Organix Coconut Oil (either spray or serum), which helps to control frizz as well. Or you could just use coconut oil – whatever floats your boat.
This is not at all an extensive list, but these are products you cannot leave behind. I talk about other products to bring on this post: Resort Traveling Essentials – Packing Checklist
What beauty products do you have to bring with you on vaca? What are your favourite water-proof and/or heat resistant products?